We are monitoring humanitarian needs in eastern Congo, where rebel forces have taken control of Goma, the capital of Congo’s war-torn North Kivu province.
Mercy Corps has been working from Goma since 2007 to support vulnerable families by promoting sustainable livelihoods, food security, and good governance. We’ve been working with partners to rehabilitate Goma’s municipal water network since 2008, and working throughout the province to provide access to water and sanitation services in displacement camps.
Photo: REUTERS/Jonny Hogg, courtesy Trust.org - AlertNet
- sunnyangel69 likes this
- vaginamadeofgold reblogged this from whatevsies
- whatevsies reblogged this from annaisdabomb
- annaisdabomb reblogged this from mercycorps
- christophertburley reblogged this from mercycorps and added:
- saranchana likes this
- swimintheoceannn likes this
- alejandrorivasv likes this
- janecreul likes this
- mercycorps posted this